Monday, June 8, 2009

I am beginning to wonder if I am a very good blogger, because I don't keep up with posts as often as others do. Hmmm... :) Anywhoo, there have been some new things going on so I thought I would mention them!
Firstly, (is that a word?!), I got my hair cut on Saturday. I give emphasis to the word 'cut' because there is a noticeable change in length (or so I think...). I went to this very inexpensive place called "Marinello's School of Beauty" in Burbank, where I have gone for my past like, 4 haircuts (because I love it!). However, there is a catch: all the hairdressers are advanced beauty school students, that are under the oh-so watchful eye of the director(s). Well, as long as I have gone there, I have never recieved a haircut I didn't enjoy. This is not to say that this last haircut I got, I am dissatisfied with, but I just think it's a little...short. Like, 3.5 inches short. So for now, I am keeping my hair up until it reaches my shoulders (where it should've originally been cut too - no shorter). But overall, I am completely satisfied...again! I recommend it to all!
This past week, I have been filling my iPod up and listening to RESOLVED sermons, both from 2007 and 2008. They have been such an encouragement to me this past week or so, and have really helped me "preach the gospel to myself" as C.J. Mahaney says. Isn't it amazing that God would send His only son to die for us? How much we don't deserve it!!! And then to think that He adopted us as sons of His. It is very true that if the Bible ended with God sending His Son to die for us, that would've been amazing, and yet he continues in His gracious love by adopting us! Does that make you want to praise Him more or what? :) Call me ecstatic. And here's one more thing: sometimes Christians feel like God doesn't love them. Well, when Christians desire to be close to Him, guess who puts that love there? GOD! So there's this saying that my dad told me once: "If you feel distant from God, guess who's moved?" That's right - we have! So let us pray that James 4:8 (which is a promise) is true for all those who are sons of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment