Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Golden Years

Happy Birthday Grandpa!
And greetings fromYosemite!!! (:
Tomorrow will mark the 90th birthday of my grandpa, and I could not be more thankful. 90 years is a lifetime and, as my grandpa remarked, these truly are the "Golden Years." At the end of your lifetime, what will you have accomplished? Will you, as my dad asks, have a title or a testimony? Will your work here on earth "wash in eternity?" Food for thought(:
My Internet is slow, so I will make this very short. One of the synonyms for my grandpa is patience. He is one of the most patient men I know, and he has taught me so much through his quiet persistence.
I have come to see that patience is a thing of humility. The humble recognize that they too, need help, and go out of their way to help others in need. As a friend once said, "I help others because I want to bless them. That is what the Bible says to do. To help others who couldn't possibly repay you."
To see the faithfulness of my grandpa to his family is amazing, but even more than that is the faithfulness of God. He has blessed us incredibly beyond measure, and every day, whether it's our 32,850 day of life, or our 2nd, He sustains our life; and He doesn't have to.
Thank you Lord, for Your goodness and faithfulness.
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord. His lovingkindess is everlasting."
Now back to Les Miserables, and laughing about Pride & Prejudice with my cousins(:

No comments:

Post a Comment