so yummy!
my favorite one (:

Yesterday I had the chance to try a recipe. From scratch. In my head.
Recently, I had the blessing and privilege of going on a little vacation the happiest place on earth (: I really enjoyed standing outside of the window at the candy stores and watching the employees make caramel apples for the visitors to enjoy. They were so stinkin' cute! (:
As I stood there and gawked (like the tourist that I so am :), I had this crazy idea to make my own caramel apples! This can be quite a scary proposition considering my cooking experience is quite limited and doesn't always turn out so yummy. But I thought to myself, "It's a CARAMEL APPLE. It's in the name! How hard can it be, right?"
So I went to the market and bought one bag of individually wrapped caramels, and two green Granny Smith apples (the bigger the better :). In a saucepan, unwrap and melt all the caramels over low heat, stirring contstantly to avoid burning the caramel and the pan! When the caramel is completely melted, tilt the pan a little bit so that it pools in the corner of the pan. Dip and roll the apple in the caramel, while using a spoon with the other hand to scoop and drizzle the caramel over the apple.
And for a little tasty embellishment, while the caramel is still hot on the apple, you can roll the apple in sprinkles or nuts, add marshmallows, or stick chocolate chips on for an extra sweet treat!
Enjoy,
E.M.
E.M.

No comments:
Post a Comment