Thursday, November 12, 2009

Obviously I am wayyy behind on my blog posting, but what can you do when you're computer breaks down right? And my iPod Touch is just not cutting it these days :) There have been many things happening around the house these days, but that is not a bad thing. Some of these things include an increase in my time around the kitchen (I'm not a danger near a stove anymore! :), [new] activities around the church and with people in the church, and an increase in homework as well! Not so fun :(
I used to be an "accident waiting to happen" in the kitchen, but recently I have become more adventurous and have actually been allowed to cook...on my own! A couple of weeks ago I had a craving for jumbalaya (an old friend made it a couple years ago and for some reason it just really stuck with me), so I printed out the recipe, bought the needed supplies, and got to work! The dish came out really well, a nice balance of spice and flavor, and I look forward to making it again. That same night I also made these pumpkin bars that were absolutely delish! I actually borrowed the idea from a friend's blog, and they were a hit with the family! I will post the recipe near the end of this post :)
Speaking of baking, I have been baking quite a bit more than usual. Especially with the holidays practically upon us, I have been making pumpkin bars, pies, and will be making these wonderful looking "eggnog scones/cookies with eggnog frosting" tonite! There is also plans of a homemade pumpkin cheesecake in the mix! :)
I have also been crafting quite a bit, working on a couple different projects for the holidays. Some of them include making gifts, and tags, and treats too! I recently bought some thick ribbon and cardstock, and am doing a couple projects with them, that are actually coming out quite well. I'll post the results if they come out o.k. :)
On a different note, a couple people I have been introduced to in one way or another, have recently passed away due to cancer. Their passings have really challenged me to think of what a gift life truly is to have,but also to have it be sustained. It seldom strikes me that each night when I go to sleep could be my last if the Lord chooses. As one person put it, we are all on loan for however long the Lord chooses. This realization has really made me a more thankful person, not only for my life, but also for the lives of my family and friends. I am so grateful for the way the Lord chooses to display His glory. He is worthy to be praised always.

No comments:

Post a Comment