It's hard to imagine that 17 years ago, my sister was born. For some reason, seventeen seems bigger than sixteen. Now obviously I know that mathematically this is true, but seventeen just seems so much bigger in...life, then sixteen. There's only one year seperating teenagers from adulthood, only one year between dependence for necessities and independence/full responsiblity.
No matter what the age, I am so thankful for my sister. I am so glad that I have a sister who shares my life with me, who knows me (in some ways) better than I know myself, and who is able to teach me through things that she goes through, whether words are spoken or not.
I have so many fun memories with her, there's not enough time in the world to list them all. However, I do have time (and space) to share one memory.
When Elyse and I were between nine and eleven years old, we would stay with our grandparents for an entire month, just the two of us, in Yosemite, and sometimes we would become very...bored. One morning, my sister and I decided to try something new. We went out to our grandparents' backyard and dug a giant hole in the dirt, and filled it with water. Assuming that mud was supposedly good for your skin, we jumped into the hole and just sat there for a couple hours; that is, until our grandpa found us out and told us to go shower. :]
Needless to say, I love my sister, and that will never change.
:)
Happy 17th birthday! We all love you, and wish you the best today, tomorrow, and forever! May your birthday bring you as much happiness as you bring to those around you, especially us! :]
"Remember your Creator in the days of your youth..."
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment