Friday, September 17, 2010

Caddy Whompus

I skipped school for...this!
Morning -Day 1
Greeted by a deer on the campsite

Breakfast!
The lovely vintage "unifying tent"
New vocab word: caddy-whompus(:
I was able to go once more to Yosemite this year, a few weeks into the school year(: And, I got to go with my grandparents! It has been years since either of them went camping, and it has been the first time I have ever been camping with them since birth! BEST TRIP EVER! But don't take my word for it. Instead, look at some pics and decide for yourself! (:
The tent story. Curious about the tent caption? When our group arrived at our site late that Sunday evening, we had a few tents to set up, including the one shown above. However, this particular tent happened to be a very old tent, created probably in the 70's, and most likely hadn't been used since then, either. After at least half an hour struggling to set it up and still no progress, some neighboring campers came over and pitched the entire tent (like the experienced pros they were) within ten minutes or so. And, not only did they pitch tents. They also hiked Half Dome, and chased a bear away from our campsite! They also used a new word: "caddy-whompus." Definitely an adventurous way to start off a camping trip! I think I am also officially certified for my engineering degree after that tent was pitched too(:
Enjoying the wilderness,
Em








No comments:

Post a Comment