Saturday, July 2, 2011

#RE:11

"Therefore, I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship."
[Romans 12:1]


This past weekend I had the absolutely wonderful blessed privilege of spending four days in the desert of Palm Springs. Even though it was insanely hot (115 degrees, anyone?:), the teaching was super convicting and encouraging.

I could write about the conference forever, but so we're both not staring at the computer screen forever, I'll keep it really brief :)

Al Mohler gave a message on God's Will for your life, and out of his 15 points, one of the ones that stuck out most to me was this: It is God's Will for everyone to lead in some capacity, even if it's by example. There will be lives that are less holy if you don't.

Wow.

Talk about challenging. Which leads directly into the fact that it is God's Will that everyone use their gifts to serve the local church body. But that's another topic for another time (:

Point is, are you leading? Are you using your gifts to make other lives more holy?

Only by practicing what we do know about God's Will for us, will we be able to "present ourselves as good and acceptable sacrifices."

No comments:

Post a Comment