Sunday, May 24, 2009

Prayer & Awe

This past week has been pretty crazy, but I finally had a chance to put up a new post, so I decided to take up the opportunity. Yesterday, for the first time in over 6 months, I was able to see my grandpa who, like my grandma, as far as I know, are not saved. I have been praying for their salvation for years, and am still patiently waiting in the Lord.
Sometimes patience is a hard thing to have when you don't know what's coming tomorrow, or the next week, month, year, etc., or what events could take place. My dad is so gracious in reminding me to "get off the clock" as he says, because God doesn't work on our timing. This reminds me of another story :)
Last summer, I had the opportunity to go on a missions trip to Stockton, CA. Our team of about 20 went for a week up north, and put on, among other things, a vacation bible school and games to migrant families. I have been praying for the kids' salvation ever since that week, and have written multiple letters to one of the girls we met, and have yet to hear of anything. It can be somewhat disheartening when you pray and pray and aren't able to see if/what the fruits of your labor are. But that is just another area of growth: patience. I was not given the gift of patience, but the Lord is teaching me to wait on Him, and trust in His promises.
Speaking of prayer, how amazing is it that frail humans like us are privileged to talk to the God of the entire universe, who upholds all things with one word, and spoke things into existence through one word. My dad told me once that God looks forward to our quiet times with Him. Isn't that an amazing thought?! To think that such a great God would take such great interest in me, a sinner who is just a grain of sand. My awe is just unspeakable. How great a God we serve! Yesterday, as I was doing yard work, I was singing Psalm 5 which goes:

"Give ear to my word O Lord,
Consider my meditations
Harken unto the voice of my cry
My King and my God

For unto Thee will I pray
My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning
O Lord in the morning will I direct my prayer
Unto thee, and will look up"

I cannot wait to get to heaven where I can praise Him eternally with the perfect worship He deserves!
And on another note:
2 weeks of school left. Who's excited? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment