Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Come Christmas Sing 2011

My sweet friend Katie surprised me with a visit :)
My lovely scene member Shaylee!

THE snow scene, with real trees!
They smelled delicious!



A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of being in TMC's "Come Christmas Sing" concert. I was in Collegiate Choir this past semester and the Christmas concerts was a culmination of 140 students hard work throughout the weeks. I not only had the opportunity to sing in the concert, but I also got to do the costumes for a couple of the scenes in the concert.
The Christmas concert is unique in that it's a little more...interactive than most. The school gym is decked out with about 9 different scenes - ranging from a kitchen to a toy shop to a living room - and the collegiate choir is seperated into each of those scenes. I was in the snow scene. This year, we "themed" the concert after the 1920's decade, which means that everyone in their scenes was in 1920's style dress! It was so much fun to help out in that way. Everyone looked great and EVERY one was a joy to work with. We all had busy schedules but everyone was more than gracious in being flexible and helpful.
What a neat environment to be in; one where everyone pitches in to ask how they can help and has so much joy in doing it. One where people long to serve because they want to serve Christ by serving others.
The work we sang was entitled "Gloria" by Vivaldi, and each movement - a song within the work - focused on giving thanks and glory to God in some aspect. And I hope we were able to do that. I also hope we were able to put His glory on display to others, whether it was how we sang or how we treated each other.







One song we sang was "Propter Magnam Gloriam" by Vivaldi. Simply translated, it means "All For Thy Great Glory O Lord God."
To God be the Glory,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment