Saturday, December 31, 2011

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

I believe that sometimes the Lord puts things on our hearts and minds to teach us things. Like, a Bible verse that keeps rolling around in your head that is a little obscure or often passed over may be something more than Him trying to tell us we shouldn't skim passages anymore. Maybe we whould meditate on it. Or maybe that song you can't get out of your head is there not only because it has a catchy tune or sweet words, but because there's something deeper and richer that we are supposed to get out of it.

Ever since I heard my alarm go off at 6:15 this morning, the words for the song "'Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus" have been rolling around in my head. They've been what I whistle to while I work :) And they are what I hum when I laid down for a nap. I'm praying that the Lord would teach me something through those lyrics. It definitely has not been an easy season of life and I'm learning to depend on the Lord completely, not on Him and my own man-made idols because I feel like it's too painful to trust Him, or that I'll have to wait even longer in the "desert."

Anyways, maybe this song will encourage you to trust in Him. It really is so sweet.



’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to take Him at His Word;

Just to rest upon His promise,

And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Refrain:Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!

How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;

Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!

Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to trust His cleansing blood;

And in simple faith to plunge me

’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just from sin and self to cease;

Just from Jesus simply taking

Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,

Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;

And I know that Thou art with me,

Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment