Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday at Masters...

Today was my first day back to school since winter break, and once this semester is over, I will have officially completed my first YEAR of college! Craziness, right?!? Anyways, this semester is going to be a packed one. With work, school, extra curriculars, and possibly some work study thrown in there, I will definitely need the Lord's grace and strength to get through this semester.
I was reflecting on a verse last night, as I thought about all the things I needed to get done for school and the verse that came to mind was Habakkuk 3:17-19 which says:


"Though the fig tree should not blossom

And there be no fruit on the vines,

Though the yield of the olive should fail

And the fields produce no food,

Though the flock should be cut off from the fold

And there be no cattle in the stalls,

Yet I will exult in the LORD,

I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

The Lord GOD is my strength,

And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet,

And makes me walk on my high places."


And then as I sat in one of my classes today, my professor quoted this exact passage of Scripture! My last semester at school was a challenging one; not necessarily because of schoolwork - although that was a little hard at times too - but more because of relationships and circumstances. God is still bringing me through some tough times it seems, but I am learning to cast all my cares upon Him and invite His active work in my life during these (painful) times of stretching and growing. Praise God that He has high places for us to walk on and that He who promised is faithful. His promises are "Yes" and "Amen" and I can lay ALL of my burdens on Him ALL the time and He NEVER gets tired of me coming to Him! That's an amazing and joyful thought!

Em


P.S.
On a lighter note, my official driver's license came in the mail today! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment