Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate Nachos







The final product!

Home-made tortilla chips

Fresh, fresh strawberries that make me want some as I look at them!





Of course you have to have an Instagram shot :)




I love to bake and cook but have almost no time for it, especially while working two jobs and going to school full-time. It should be no surprise then, that when I find a recipe that is tasty-sounding and quick, cheap and easy, I'm totally ready to try it.


For one of my classes, we were required to start our own Pinterest account and find pins relating to our class assignment. I came across one that was totally unrelated to the assignment (of course:), but the pictures caught my eye and it sounded super yummy!
Anyways, the recipe is super simple (and cheap), and the final product looks nice, too :)


Enjoy,
Em



Chocolate Nachos:

8 flour tortillas

1 basket of fresh strawberries

Cinnamon-sugar blend

Chocolate sauce/syrup

Butter


To Do:

Melt some butter in a small saucepan or microwaveable bowl.

With a basting brush, brush some butter on one side of the tortilla

Cut the tortilla into 8 pieces using a pizza cutter

Sprinkle the buttered tortilla (generously, of course:) with the cinnamon-sugar blend

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until crispy

While the tortillas are baking, wash and dice strawberries

Sprinkle a lttle bit of white sugar on the strawberries and let them marinate in the strawberry juice/sugar blend to add a little sweetness to the berries

Once the tortillas are baked, put the strawberries on top of the tortillas

*Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the strawberries and eat quickly, before they get soggy :)

Top with whip cream and a touch of mint

*The recipe I used did not use chocolate sauce. Instead, they used a bag of semisweet chocolate chips melted in a bowl with a little bit of vegetable oil. I just used chocolate sauce because it was quicker (and cheaper), but either way works.

No comments:

Post a Comment