Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bundles of Joy...in many ways

there were the cutest bags!


such a cute game!



gorgeous flowers!
look at God's creation!


This post should have actually come before the other one because this event happened before the other, but oh well! (: I take pictures as a hobby, whether it's on a nice fancy camera that's a friend's, or my own digital point-and-shoot. Anyways, one of the ladies who we were throwing the shower for saw these pictures (at the beginning of this post :) and suggested that I might come take some photos of their adorable newborn who just came into the world on July 1st! So excited for the opportunity!
The family is such a neat testimony of serving the local body of Christ, and their precious little gift of life is a testimony of His faithfulness, both to them and to me. Praise God for His goodness! Like the Psalmist says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His lovingkindness is everlasting." His mercies are definitely new every morning, and I am constantly reminded of His grace in my life. He answers my prayers in ways I could never imagine, and meets my needs beyond my wildest dreams! I also see Him at work in my friends' lives, which is such an encouragement to me.
The other day, I was speaking with an old friend whom I admire very much. She is such a godly example to me in so many ways, and I love and treasure our friendship. Anyways, she was telling me about answers to some of her prayers, including the saving of some of her family members. Praise the Lord for her wonderful testimony in their life, and thank God for His answer to her prayers! As she was telling me these things, and as we prayed for each other, He reminded me of how He is so good as to even give me a friend like her, who encourages me and challenges me in my walk with Him. I look forward to continuing in our friendship that is rooted in Him.
Just a quote to leave you pondering, "There is no lasting satisfaction apart from knowing Him. But those who delight in Him are able to delight in all good things! So let us delight in Him, delight in one another, and delight in all He has for us, the good and the seemingly bad, because we know that all things from His hand are good."
Delighting in our Heavenly Father,
Em






No comments:

Post a Comment