Friday, July 16, 2010

Cards and Cake

sometimes my point-and-shoot amazes me (:
look at this macro shot!
17 Candles
All lit up
Such a good dinner!
Yesterday I celebrated my 17th birthday and what fun it was! I woke up to French Toast, and a cupcake balloon above my chair. Later, a dear friend of mine took me out to lunch at BJ's, where we ate a yummy lunch and split a pazookie, as well as had some wonderfully encouraging conversation. She is truly a blessing to me and I am so thankful the Lord brought us together in friendship. I treasure her very much.
My family was also very gracious to me. My mom made me a dinner of my choosing, which I will post pics of, and she also took the time to make a cake! I thoroughly enjoyed both the meal and the desert, and was so grateful that she would take the time to love me in that way. My dad wrote me a very sweet card, one that I will keep forever, and prayed a very sweet and encouraging prayer for me. He is a wonderful example to me of what a godly man and leader looks like, and I am so thankful for his leadership in my life. And lastly, but definitely not least is my wonderful sister. She surprised me with a wonderful present, and a sweet card, taking the time to think of me in all she gave me.
As I was reflecting on the past 17 years I have lived, I was very thankful for so many things. I am thankful the Lord gave me Christian parents who desire to raise me in the fear and admonition of the Lord, and who only want the best for me. My family is truly a blessing and encouragement to me! I am so blessed to be a part of the family of God! Were it not for His righteousness, I would be on my way to hell, no matter how "good" or "smart" I think I am. Praise be to God that He saw fit to unveil my heart and mind, and reveal the truth to me. Praise Him for His grace, that He delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to the kingdom of light!

Enjoying Life,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment