The French side of the family(:
This waiter was singing AND dancingSo much fun to watch!
Remy and Jesse (both French :)
Melissa and Elyse
Melissa and IMy family is quite spread out in this great state of California, so whenever we have a chance to meet up with each other, it always means lots of fun as we catch up and recall our favorite memories of each other and past get-togethers. Part of my family is French too, so when you get to be around people who speak a different language then you do, it's a real treat!
Well, the French side of the family lives up in Sacramento, and they recently had more family from France come and visit them. They all packed into a minivan and headed down the coast to the Los Angeles area, where they asked us to have dinner with them! So much fun! The only cousins I have are in this part of the family, so it was so much fun to be with them and see where they are in life. They are a little younger than my sister and I, and a little behind us grade-wise too, but still experiencing some very similar things we did, so it was great to be able to talk with them, and see how they were doing!
We ate dinner at this fun place called Miceli's, off of Lankershim Blvd. in Universal City. This restaurant is so fun because the entire staff - from the waiters to the hostess staff- sing each night to the guests. And, if you're lucky they'll come up to your chair and serenade you! (: Well, we did have a few lucky moments, and it was so much fun to share it with each other.
And, like I said, my aunt and uncle had some of their French family visiting America, so it made for a very fun night. The French couple were so sweet! Even though it was difficult to communicate, their actions were so kind and generous, and I really enjoyed being around them. It was so fun to hear them talk, and it really gave me an appreciation for other cultures. From meeting them for the first time, to saying good-bye later that night, it was a blast!
I am so thankful for my immediate family that the Lord has given me. They are such a sweet blessing from Him and I wouldn't change it ever (Joshua 24:15)!I am also grateful for the extended family He has given me. Though I don't know a lot of them, it is so neat to see how the Lord loves us by surrounding us with people who can demonstrate His love. What a blessing a family is! And what even a bigger blessing it is to be a part of the family of God!
Enjoying Family, especially His,
Em

No comments:
Post a Comment